AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

$100 for $25 Promo - only have 19 cents left in my budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google AdWords!

I only have $0.19 left in my $25 budget and am wondering how I can spend the full $25 to use the promo code I entered to receive $100 worth of adwords? Can I adjust the budget slightly? Should I add a few more dollars? I think the code expires in a few days.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author krystaln14
September 2015

Re: $100 for $25 Promo - only have 19 cents left in my budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi krystaln14,

Adding a few more dollars and spending till the $25 threshold will be a good idea, because I doubt your ads will be visible with the remaining $0.19.

Find how these type of coupons work here.

Hope this helps,

Info

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

The amount of times this has happened to my clients ever since the SX-GY vouchers were launched is unbelievable.

Due to the minimum payment issue with some people, what we did was drop the bid and budget to an extremley low amount, pointed the ads in a country in which currency conversion vs competition (i.e. South Africa) increases the value of your remaining 0.19. Exact match a non -competitive keyword (if your current keyword list is too low for first page bid) and then find your ad to click on it.

Yes this solution is a bit different but as you know, in the world of account management we try everything before not being able to give the client what they want. At the moment I ask everyone to put in a couple more dollars to ensure it goes over $25

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi krystaln14,

Adding a few more dollars and spending till the $25 threshold will be a good idea, because I doubt your ads will be visible with the remaining $0.19.

Find how these type of coupons work here.

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

The amount of times this has happened to my clients ever since the SX-GY vouchers were launched is unbelievable.

Due to the minimum payment issue with some people, what we did was drop the bid and budget to an extremley low amount, pointed the ads in a country in which currency conversion vs competition (i.e. South Africa) increases the value of your remaining 0.19. Exact match a non -competitive keyword (if your current keyword list is too low for first page bid) and then find your ad to click on it.

Yes this solution is a bit different but as you know, in the world of account management we try everything before not being able to give the client what they want. At the moment I ask everyone to put in a couple more dollars to ensure it goes over $25

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Info & Sq - although I admire the process outlined in Sq's reply (I'm a former account manager too!) - I think I'll go the easy route and add a few more dollars to the account. Thanks so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Update: With the minimum payment of $20, I opted for Sq's solution - decreased the daily budget even further (below 19 cents) and tried different keywords until I saw my ad to click on it. I didn't change the geographical area as mine was a very small local area. Good advice to originally put down a few more dollars over the $25. Thanks again!