4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

100% Bounce Rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been struggling the last three days with attempting to get a proper bounce rate. Im running ads via GDN.
I've had 350 clicks on my ads, and 98% bounce rate. Today im at 33 clicks 100% bounce.

I've tried narrowing down my targeting as it may have been to broad. Excluded ads on mobile apps and video/photo sharing sites.Also tried researching the issue and have not been able to find a solution.

The ads are for makeup/cosmetics with location targeting.

Im rather new at this, and may be missing a critical step.. id be grateful for any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 100% Bounce Rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just noticed that my keywords were 99% targeting another method. Rather than my keywords.
I turned off ' Let AdWords automatically find new customers ' to see if this will improve results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmmmm are you sure that your ad sends your user to a relevant landing page?
The ad has to mash up with your landing page.
I am assuming that your site is not a blog or some other 1 page site, because that will high bounce rate no matter what.
Things to think about does your landing page need a redesign or a call to action or are there too many calls to action?
Make sure to exclude irrelevant websites so that you are showing your ad to the right people searching for your product.
I too am new at this. I would be interested to find out if turning off "let AdWords automatically find new customers" works for you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@brandon w;

My article on the topic could help;

Display Network - How many Targeting Methods to choose?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Brandon,

If you are running your ads on Single Page Landing Page then your bounce rate will be always high.

Analytics can't measure time until another page on the site is loaded. Same holds true for bounce rate. With a one page site, you will always have 100% bounce rate.

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,
Anand