AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

1 week old campaign and only 2 clicks , no conversions ..should I be worried?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello all,

My first Adwords campaign is now going to be 1 week old. It's a memory care clinic in Des Moines Iowa. Arborsprings.org 191 Impressions and 2 clicks, no conversions.

I set it up as one campaign because it offers basically one service

I set it up with 3 Adgroups based on the 3 identities this service is known to have

1. Alzheimer's care

2. Memory Care

3. Dementia Care

My questions are

1) Should I be worried at this point I'm getting no clicks?

2) Did I set up my structure incorrectly?

3) Is there a column that tells you the number of keywords you included in each Adgroup?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2017-04-10 12.50.38.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Hector,

My questions are

1) Should I be worried at this point I'm getting no clicks?

Yes only getting few clicks. You need to improve impressions, clicks to reach potential customers. I can see in the screenshot, CTR is fine for starting benchmark but you can improve average position by making tweaks to bids. I would also advice to add more keywords and also check if your adcopy is catchy enough to get clicks compare to your competitors. 

Not sure! Are you using match types? Are you using negative keywords? Keywords that you are using are relevant? Added ad extensions? Are your keyword, ad text and LP relevant?

3) Is there a column that tells you the number of keywords you included in each Adgroup?

There is no such column in campaign that can tell how many keywords you should use. I can recommend to make adgroup tightly themed with proper utilization of match types. 

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: 1 week old campaign and only 2 clicks , no conversions ..should I be worried?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Before checking the account structure, have you checked How many monthly searches in the keywords planner suggest.

If I am checking on Keyword Planner, the mentioned keywords have very low search volume. 

Yes, you can check, how many keywords you have included in each Adgroup. Go to the "Ad Group Detail" drop down under Dimension tab.

It will give the details of the Ad Groups.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Like I've said several times lately @Hector C, your mistake is assuming that people are searching for these exact terms. You are going to have to broaden your match types to start to accrue some more data, before you know for sure what exact search queries your target market is actually searching for. If costs are your concern, then set the daily budget at an amount you can afford to experiment with, and use automated maximize clicks bidding. Then you might actually start to get some data.

Tom