AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

1 per click and many per click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Every time I am confusing with 1 per click and many per click. so please help me out from this confusion with an example.

Thanks,

Gopi

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 1 per click and many per click

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Gopi,

Did you read the help center description on the difference between the both (1-per-click) and (many-per-click)?

See the below screenshot:

2013-07-16 14_15_37-Understanding conversion tracking - AdWords Help.jpg

Let us know if that helps or not!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks pankaj,
I already read it but a bit confusing... if u have time please explain me with a simple example.

Gopi

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi gopi,

Ok, here ya go!

A user clicks on your ad and converts. That's 1 1-per-click and 1 many=per-click.

The same user returns to your web site within 30 days and converts again. That's 0 1-per-click and 1 many-per-click. Stats for the keyword now show:

1 1-per-click and 2 many-per-click conversions.

This is Google's definition. Traditional marketing would call the 2nd purchase a repeat purchase, not an additional conversion. This is a bit esoteric, but a conversion is when a prospect becomes a customer. So "many-per-click" conversions defy logic, since the visitor for the 2nd "conversion" is already a customer. But that's how these numbers work.

I hope I have made this a bit more clear for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords