Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

1 click cost me $3-4... is this normal?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so when I set my budget $10 a day, 

I only get 2 clicks, most of the time 3 clicks....

I don't know what I am doing wrong. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 1 click cost me $3-4... is this normal?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mandy,

Depending on the market/industry you are targeting, the competition, your Ad Rank etc, a clicks cost may vary from few cents to many dollars.

With $10 daily budget, you are most likely to get only 2-3 clicks if your Avg. CPC is about $3-$4. It's very small budget and you may also be seeing your campaign with Limited Budget.

So, you are doing nothing wrong. When you will increase your daily budget, you will get higher number of clicks i.e. higher the budget, more the clicks.

Does it help?

Regards,
Ashish
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Mandy,

If you are only getting a few clicks a day that are costing you more than you'd like to spend, I'd recommend reviewing some basics on account optimisation:

• Make sure you know how the ad auction works so you can work on reducing your bid, but keeping your average position high  (more info here)
  • Review your ads text - is it really appealing to potential customers (more info here)
  • Check to make sure you are using the correct keywords (more info here)

Good luck!
Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HA... google is such ascam... i swear. if you set all your keywords correctly... check where it says max CPC... no matter WHAT you set the keywords as... google likes to set that as high as they can (i didn't realize and on my first add ever it was $10... they charged me 100 for ten clicks -____- my suggestion is go to Bing ads... it's bing and yahoo... much cheaper and they don't make you jump through a million hoops...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
and that idiot below me saying "you're doing nothing wrong" is .... an idiot. 3-4 dollars for a click is INSANE... i refuse to pay anything above a dollar and I still think that's CRAZY. I mean really... 3 dollars a person??? let's say 1 out of 10 people that visit your site actually spend somet ype of money... that's crazy. CRAZY. Set your Max CpC lower... you will still get traffic and set the type of traffic you want (what age, gender, location would be more likely to actually spend money on whatever your offering) Also, what I do is I only chose the "search directory results" option and not the other one? i forgot what it's called it's the one where your ad shows up on random websites... that one is CRAP... it works better when they people actually SEARCH for what your keywords... also do some research on SEO and if you really get into it and do everything correctly you can get your website to show up on the natural search results FREE just because the search engine is finding your website not your paid for ad... since the SEO is correct and good the engine finds it much easier.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
YEAAA... that didn't answer her question WHAT SO EVER.... You google adwords people are RIDICULOUS!!! every time i have a question i get back some idiotic generated automatic response like this one... I EVEN CALLED THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED IN HELP AND GUESS WHAT THEY TOLD ME!!! THE GOOGLE AD WORDS DEPARTMENT IS "INTERNAL" SHE SAYS... SO I CAN'T TALK TO THEM.... MEANING THERE NOT EVEN A DEPARTMENT THEY ARE JUST A SYSTEM??? I ASKED... OH NO NO SHE SAID... THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID... However, that's literally exactly what she said. She didn't even work for ad words she just worked for google and had no "access to google ad words information" .... wanna know why? BECAUSE GOOGLE AD WORDS "TEAM" DOESN'T EXSIST!! IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF AUTOMATED MESSAGES AND E-MAILS LIKE THE ONE ABOVE. KATHLEEN G IS NOT A REAL PERSON. Crazy Crazy Crazy. So who do u call if there's a billing issue? I guess Kathleen G up there will help you? By replying "Yes we know you have an issue and it's very urgent to us... however... we don't give a **bleep** and will keep replying this same e-mail. thanksSmiley Very Happy Just realized im ranting at a computer... errrrr... uhhhh.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Katie,

I understand your frustration but I just want to bring your attention to the Community Posting Guidelines and specifically the one below:

Respect other users and Google employees

This is a community of users helping each other with AdWords, and we'd like to keep things fun, friendly, and Googley. Treat the Community and other users as you would like to be treated.

That said, when you ask for help on a user-to-user Community like this one, inappropriate language or pointing fingers at the other posters doesn't really help. Just wanted to let you know that if you do not comply with the Community posting guidelines, we may have to restrict your posting on the Community going forward. 

Thanks,

Mini