AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

1 AdWords Account & 2 ecommerce stores - how to enable ecommerce tracking on both

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a client with one adwords account.

They are running 2 ecommerce stores - both distinct & different businesses with different URLs.  They have 1 adwords account.

I want to enable ecommerce tracking but adwords only lets you track 1 analytics profile not two.

As a workaround, I thought we could set up a new account for 1 of the ecommerce sites. However the issue then becomes that they lose their account history (they have been using adwords for 4+ years).

What would you do?

Is there a way to retain the old history in a new account? Is there a way to link 2 analytic profiles to 1 adwords account & enable ecommerce tracking on both?

Looking for help / advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 1 AdWords Account & 2 ecommerce stores - how to enable ecommerce tracking on both

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

E-commerce tracking has nothing to do with AdWords, you can track E-Commerce transactions even if you do not have an AdWords account.

If you're referring to "cost data" which you would like to see in Analytics, in both profiles, then indeed there's a bit of work to be done.

Though this is out of the scope of this AdWords forum, I think you need to configure your Google Analytics account to:

- track multiple top-level domains

- link it to your AdWords account

- enable cost data from AdWords in both profiles (it can be done, I have it enabled for two profiles but I track the same domain)

- filter cost data (and possibly traffic as well, if Analytics does not do that by default when tracking multiple domains) from AdWords in each of the profiles (as you do not want to see the costs from website A in profile B and viceversa)

It's not trivial, but I think it can be done. And if you have a GA consultant in your area she/he can give more advice or even implement it for you.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: 1 AdWords Account & 2 ecommerce stores - how to enable ecommerce tracking on both

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Unfortunately, the link I've used on this thread https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/One-Adwords-to-Two-Analytics-Properties/td-p..., namely http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55611 now redirects to a different text (in case you'll find that threasd yourself and would like to try the described solution).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.