AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

1 Account - Many Locations: What's the Best Practice?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, 

I'm currently setting up an Adwords account for a client of mine. They own around 10 different clinics for various services: physiotherapy, medical weight loss and laser treatments. I was going to build all the campaigns within 1 account to make it easier budget wise, and have each campaign for each location but I worried that in some cases 2 locations may be competing in the same area or after the same keyword. 

What's the best way of handling this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 1 Account - Many Locations: What's the Best Practice?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Tiffany d

Can you give more detail on how close these locations could potentially be together? Is it 10 in one city, state, multiple states? Also, does each location have its own website, or individual landing page?

I think your logic behind one campaign per location is sound, but it could be in certain cases that two locations can be put in one campaign due to their proximity.  You'll just need a landing page that clearly informs the user they have an option between the two for making contact.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Tiffany,

To stop the locations from competing against each other, first go into your campaign > settings > all settings. Scroll down to where it says targeted locations and click edit > advanced search

it will take you to a map where you can choose to either target or exclude areas.
The blue is the area you want to target, now say for example you don’t want a certain location targeted, you would type that into the search box and click exclude. Then no one in the excluded area can see your ads.

Hopefully that makes sense, you can do this same thing with entire states or countries as well. If anything is still confusing, let me know and i will try to clear it up for you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Tiffany d;

>>": physiotherapy, medical weight loss and laser treatments...."

Though you did not specifically ask about that, these are very sensitive  services to promote. Make sure that your landing pages fully comply with all relevant sections of the Policy (and there are several...) otherwise, the consequences could be horrendous. Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
the best way is to have a separate campaign for each location , and within the setting in Location options (advanced) > Target > choose People in my targeted location , for the
2 locations may be competing in the same area or after the same keyword. try to separate between the two campaign by selecting the right keywords with name of location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there, yeah so it's 10 locations - different cities, and in some cases different services. There are different websites for each. However, in some cases there could be a physio clinic and a medical weight loss clinic in the same city or two physio clinics that are in different cities, but the cities are very close to each other so they would share proximity. I hope that makes sense.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any major policy sections that come to mind MosheTLV?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So what would I do in the case where two clinics may be close to eachother but are both in the same city?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
As long as those campaigns are set within one account - you are fine.
On the Policy side: thoroughly review the Policy to avoid any violation which could end up in suspension... These are sensitive categories to promote on Google...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’