AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

0% on both bounce and exit rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a problem, a few of my sessions are showing me impossible results - 0.00% bounce rate against 0.00% exit rate.

What does this mean?  

Presumably either bounce OR exit must be higher than 0%?

Help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: 0% on both bounce and exit rate

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Airsprung A,

I'm a little confused by your question, but I'll answer what looks to be your question.

Ok, you mention "a few of my sessions", so I will assume that's what you mean. A session is one visitor. If that visitor leaves your landing page without clicking on any links, that will be a bounce. If that visitor visits other pages on your site, then returns to the landing page and leaves your site, that's an exit. If the visitor clicks on internal links, then leaves your site from one of those pages, those pages will register an exit. If the session expires with no further page visits on your site, that's also an exit.

For a single session, there's no reason to assume either the bounce rate or exit rate will be higher than 0%. If your landing page and your goal page are all on the same site, a visitor who completed your desired action would show just like this, 0% bounce, 0% exit. Even if the visitor does not complete that action but takes only the first step, that could also show like this.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Airsprung, how are things?

Bounce Rate and Exit Rate for what I know uses the number of visited pages across the website. Something like clicks, interactions, events and so on can be considered. You need to analyze what's the flux within your website. I've seen this happen with those one-page website that were using Analytics Events to track each "scroll" the user was in.

If you could provide your site, that would be great for us to take a look also.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

I have found possible reason for this but I am not sure whether it will exactly solve your issue or not.

Please Refer to the link: https://viget.com/advance/15-ways-your-google-analytics-might-be-broken-part-1

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Airsprung A,

I'm a little confused by your question, but I'll answer what looks to be your question.

Ok, you mention "a few of my sessions", so I will assume that's what you mean. A session is one visitor. If that visitor leaves your landing page without clicking on any links, that will be a bounce. If that visitor visits other pages on your site, then returns to the landing page and leaves your site, that's an exit. If the visitor clicks on internal links, then leaves your site from one of those pages, those pages will register an exit. If the session expires with no further page visits on your site, that's also an exit.

For a single session, there's no reason to assume either the bounce rate or exit rate will be higher than 0%. If your landing page and your goal page are all on the same site, a visitor who completed your desired action would show just like this, 0% bounce, 0% exit. Even if the visitor does not complete that action but takes only the first step, that could also show like this.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords