My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

wrong business box page displayed in google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

First and foremost would like to wish all of a happy holidays. Hope 2016 be filled with joy and happiness.

I would like to seek your all advice regarding wrong google business box being displayed when i type in the name of my property. To be more specific our hotel's name is "Omni Tower Bangkok" and when search in google by hotels name itself, some other hotel name appears in the google business. 

Hence any advice from all of you would be highly appreciated.

Kind  Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: wrong business box page displayed in google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Lina L

searching for your mentioned business name and specifying additional the city like the res search term below

"Omni Tower Bangkok" near Bangkok  I get three results:

Screenshot 2016-01-02 at 12.07.22.png

is any of it your hotel?

If not what is the exact address phone number and website of your "Omni Tower Bangkok" in Bangkok?

And did you create a verified local page through GoogleMyBusiness for it?

If so:

what is the URL of the page according your dashboard (business.google.com/manage)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply on the matter and kindly find the answers to your queries:

1. Yes Omni Tower Bangkok by Compass Hospitality is our hotel
2. Yes it is verified and link to it is https://business.google.com/u/0/b/115855872893210632070/dashboard/l/06425869994092793248

Once again thank you for your co-operation and looking forward with your expert advice on the matter at your convenience.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lina L

what do you expect dear Lina using the worst possible name for your business pages as it is actually "Omni Tower Sukhumvit Bangkok by Compass Hospitality" - completely violating (at least IMO)  the "Guidelines for representing your business on Google"

And supposed this would be the name of the hotel and anybody  willing to find it by a name search he just should google for Omni Tower Sukhumvit Bangkok by Compass Hospitality .

You will not be surprised anybody searching for this worst name will get you like I got it also then:

Screenshot 2016-01-04 at 19.27.04.png