My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

why isn't my business on gmap Amador Arc & Gases 22730 Hwy 88 Pioneer, Ca. 95666

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
May 2016

Re: why isn't my business on gmap Amador Arc & Gases 22730 Hwy 88 Pioneer, Ca. 95666

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Google will make a profile for businesses automatically if it's sure that a business exists there (say, it sees a business on the yellow pages, or other places) but if it hasn't picked up your business yet, you can always add it yourself. Just go here:

https://www.google.com/business/

Just go to the link above, click 'start now' it'll have you find your business so type in your business name, and then when it can't find it, it'll have you enter in the business information yourself. When you've done that, it'll send you a physical postcard that'll take a week or two. (Note: that postcard expires in 30 days, and it will automatically not work if you change anything about your business information after requesting the postcard, so once you request it it's hands-off). Once you get it and put in the pin number, you should be good to go. You'll start showing up properly when people type in your business name. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
May 2016

Re: why isn't my business on gmap Amador Arc & Gases 22730 Hwy 88 Pioneer, Ca. 95666

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Google will make a profile for businesses automatically if it's sure that a business exists there (say, it sees a business on the yellow pages, or other places) but if it hasn't picked up your business yet, you can always add it yourself. Just go here:

https://www.google.com/business/

Just go to the link above, click 'start now' it'll have you find your business so type in your business name, and then when it can't find it, it'll have you enter in the business information yourself. When you've done that, it'll send you a physical postcard that'll take a week or two. (Note: that postcard expires in 30 days, and it will automatically not work if you change anything about your business information after requesting the postcard, so once you request it it's hands-off). Once you get it and put in the pin number, you should be good to go. You'll start showing up properly when people type in your business name. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sean,
You need to add your business in Google My Business and verify via postcard. It will autmatically enlist your business in Google Maps.
Visit https://www.google.com/business/ and click on "Get on Google" option at the top right corner and follow the steps.