My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

visibility settings for google plus profile/page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I was just wondering is there a way to change visibility settings to a google plus page/profile? my client violated the billing policy (they didn't come through with payments) and I'd like to disable/hide the visibility https://plus.google.com/+buffetsisu without deleting the account as it can be shown as evidence of the services provided to eventual authorities. Eventually how can I do that? or any suggestions to sort this out?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: visibility settings for google plus profile/page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tancredi L

No there is not.

I would also like to draw your attention to the Guidelines, you as a 3rd party cannot hold their business page to ransom.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper

Hi there,

first of all thank you for getting back to me, secondly lets make it very clear, the customer did not pay for the social media services provided including google plus page creation and management for 5 months in a row.
So basically they are the ones to be hold accountable, we have filed a procedure and there are ongoing investigations right now in order to retrieve my overdues.
For the record, I own everything that's on that page including the page itself and this is mentioned in the contract and terms of service they signed therefore page, content are property of DesignDiverso.

I don't believe you nor google is entitled to acquire such content against me (the owner) will, as this would constitute breach of federal laws and privacy.

When I didn't get paid for my work I will just continue to provide the service for free, is that what you are suggesting? sounds smart, what right do they have to get the page for free? what rights do they have to steal my content? what rights you or google or anyone else has to steal my content? 

Or in case you are thinking ok I can just delete the page, not quite, as I need that as evidence to authorities later on if or when the case will go to court.

So no need to be sarcastic here, I'm only doing my job and trying to protect my work as I'm sure perhaps you will do the same in a similar situation, and since I don't work for free I would like to get some more plausible answer.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tancredi L

Regardless of whatever contact you have with the client. You DO NOT own that business page, please see guidelines.

At any point that owner could request ownership of the page to be transferred to them, if you fail to transfer, Google will.

I understand fully about unpaid invoices, I run my own businesses also. What I am pointing are the Guidelines and the T&C you selected when you created the business page.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper

Im sorry but this sounds just like non sense, do you work for google? who are you? I'm not sure what kind of line you'are in, maybe the "i work for free" business, so if some of your client do not pay you for your hard work you just stand down hand all the content to them and thats it, you are saying in other words I have 0 rights. This cant be true, or the nazis won the war. Oh and btw I created that page that MEANS I AM THE OWNER. Just for the records.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey @Tancredi L

This will now be my last response.

You can check any of my profiles to find out who I am. There is no reason to get upset with me because you did not get an answer you wanted.

It clearly states within the Terms of Service that you agreed to and the Guidelines what your obligations are.

Additional guidelines for authorised representatives

Any individual or company that manages business information on Google My Business for a business that they don’t own is considered to be an authorised representative. For example: a third-party SEO/SEM company; a friend of the business owner; an online ordering, scheduling or booking provider and an affiliate network provider.

Authorised representatives must:

• Never claim a business listing without express consent from the business owner.
  • Never make false, misleading or unrealistic claims.
  • Never use harassing, abusive or untrustworthy tactics with potential or existing customers.
  • Always work directly with the business owner to complete verification. Find out more about verification
  • Always ensure that the business owner understands what Google My Business is and where Google My Business data is used. Authorised representatives should share the following resources with the business’s owner:
  • Always keep the business owner informed about which actions the authorised representative will take on the business listing.
  • Always follow Guidelines for representing your business on Google. Note that the phone number and website for a listing should always be the single, authoritative phone number and website for the business and be verifiable by the business owner. Website content must be owned and managed by the business owner.
  • Always respond to management access requests promptly, and always transfer listing ownership to the business owner immediately upon request. Authorised representatives must, whenever possible, encourage the business owner to create an account, own the listing and add authorised representatives as managers. Find out more about transferring ownership

Failure to adhere to these policies may result in a suspension for the listing and/or account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper maybe you do not understand, Ive been working with them two years, and of course I got verified and of course I got full consent by business owner thats in the contact as well and we followed all the guidelines, you did not share with me the most relevant part, how would you solve this situation? what would you do in this case?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You cannot do anything with the business page, you can obviously delete it, but if they request ownership you have to transfer it.

Hopefully you get it resolved in court, but you can't use the business page as collateral for non payment.