My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

verifying my business after move

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business, LMHT Associates at 3005 Carrington Mill Blvd. Morrisville, NC 27560, has recently moved here. Our previous location was 2805 Meridian Parkway Durham NC 27713. I went in to change the address but google said my business needed to be verified. The only way of verifying was a postcard with a pin. I don't receive mail at the previous location, so that is out. I currently have another google page for the new location and it is now verified. I have suggested edits for moving and closing but the original location still exists on google. How do I get the new location only to show up so my customers know where to go?

9195440087 ext 257

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: verifying my business after move

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joseph M

For future reference you simply change the address on the business page from old to new and it follows you to the new address.

You will need to contact business support and ask them to mark the Old location as Moved to the new location.

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the link. When I tried what you suggested it asked me to verify the business though. I was already moved and could not verify.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
So you are trying to verify the old business page then ?

I don't know what stage you are at ( screenshot would be good ) but most times the is a small blue link saying verify later.

Select verify later >> then change Old address to New address

Then select verify

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership