My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

trading address needs to be shown and business address to verify needs to be hidden

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to list my coach tour with an address where we collect passengers in Edinburgh.  However, our physical address is in a village an hour away.  I need to have my business listed for the public to see it is Edinburgh but retain my physical address in the village so that we get google verifications to this physical address.  I do not want customers to see my physical address (this is listed on my website if they want it), but for sales and marketing, it needs to remain hidden.

trading address needs to be shown and business address to verify needs to be hidden

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I would suggest that you setup your business as a service area.  Google My Business has two kinds of Locations (one is a store front and the other is a service area).  Service Areas do not display a physical address.  It will only list the city, state (province), in which the business operates.  To change you listing from a store front to a service area login to google my business (https://business.google.com).  Make sure you are in the list view then click on the little blue building icon (Dashboard), then click on the INFO in the top navigation.  From there, click on the pencil icon next to your address.  Under the address and map, there is a a statement, "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location." make sure it is marked as Yes.  Next you will need to set a mile/kilometer radius of the city entered.  Finally uncheck (or leave checked), "I also serve customers at my business address."