My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

the reviews we get are not from our business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon. We changed the location of our business last year. And we made sure we changed the address on google, but since then, we are getting the wrong reviews. We are getting the reviews that belong to the new business in our old address, Vita Dolce, and we are not getting our own reviews. I assume that this new business, Vita Dolce, is not getting their reviews because they are coming to our email. Most importantly, our rating in google is going down because this new business's ratings are lower than ours, and since it is being counted by google as ours, it is bringing down our ratings. What can we do? Many thanks and kind regards. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Manuela G, can you provide the business details of the new and old businesses?

Thanks!

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan. Thanks for your reply. 

The old address is Bonaire, 15, 08301, Mataró, Barcelona, and this address
now belongs to a business called Vita Dolce, from whom I'm getting the
reviews instead of mine. Our business is called Milola, and our current address is Manzanillo, 20, 08395, Sant Pol de Mar, Barcelona, and I no longer get any reviews because somehow google is mixing Vita Dolce with Milola. 

Thanks!

thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Manuela S - are these the two listings here?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Milola&rlz=1C5CHFA_enCA694CA694&oq=Milola&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.447j0...

The listing for Milola is currently unclaimed. The first thing you will want to do is claim it. Instructions for that can be found here.

The listing for Vita Dolce is claimed and I assume you are the one that has it claimed in your GMB dashboard since you are getting the e-mail notifications. Can you confirm that?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan,

Thank you for replying. This is all very confusing, I have been trying to sort it out for months and I always reach a dead end. Milola is claimed by me, it is my business, but it has changed locations. Since it changed locations, I updated the location in google, but nevertheless, I no longer get reviews, and my old reviews are now somehow "highjacked" by the new business that occupies our old premises. My GMB dashboard shows Milola is verified, my photos, info, and everything else. But no reviews. My reviews are now linked to Vita Dolce, and whenever now someone posts a review about Vita Dolce, I get an email. I don't know how to stop getting emails with reviews for Vita Dolce, and I don't know how to recover my reviews and attach them to my page. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It's hard for me to assess without diving into the account. I recommend reaching out to GMB support for help. There are a few different contact options:

Facebook: http://facebook.com/googlemybusiness

You can contact them by sending a message or posting on their page.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoogleMyBiz

You can contact them by tweeting to them or sending a direct message.

Email Support

You can email Google My Business support by going through the Google My Business dashboard.  You can accomplish this by clicking the 3 lines on the top left corner, selecting “Support” and choosing the “Email” option.

Re: the reviews we get are not from our business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your help. I shall contact them.

Kind regards.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Let me know how it goes. I am very interested to hear what they suggest.

Thanks