My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

service provided by mail only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google has created a Google My Business site without notifying me. I found out through searching our business name. Our business is not a retail location. It is only provided via mail, UPS and such carriers. Should I turn off the Google My Business website? Google has listed our original website for over 15 years which we are very grateful for and wish to continue. We happily use and pay for AdWords. If I turn-off the Google My Business site, I want to be sure it would not change anything about how Google lists our original business website.

1 Expert replyverified_user

service provided by mail only

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sandy,

This article explains service-area businesses.  This option may be the best fit for you if customers don't visit your physical location and/or you serve customers at their location.

If you need more information, please don't hesitate to reply.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day!

Re: service provided by mail only

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Sandy S

If your business is online-only then you should contact support to see if they can remove the Google My Business listing altogether.

You can request a call from support (when available) by filling out this form.

You can also contact support via Facebook or Twitter

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply Phil. I really need to find out if I stop the Google My Business listing, how it will effect our long standing Google listing of our business website.  Our service is provided nation wide but is not open to the public. It is unique and does not fit under the category in which Google My Business has listed it. There is no other category that describes it and no way for me to correct all of this. I love Google, but this is making me a bit crazy. :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Tom! It's been taken care of. I really appreciate your help! ~ Sandy S. :)