My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

rotate photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Today, I tried to add an interior photo to our "Google My Business" listing. The photo on my computer seems to be in the correct orientation, but when I uploaded it, it rotated by 90 degrees. I don't see any way to correct it, and can't find any suggestions in this forum or through any Google searches.

Help!

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author L L T
November 2016

rotate photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi LLT
That does seem odd.  
Couple of questions that come to mind.

- Was the image originally taken at the 90° rotated or at the angle on your computer?  If the rotated, perhaps use a different package to rotate the image and save it as a new file with that new orientation.  Pixlr online is a free tool that will let you do that easily.

- Could this be related to the image dimensions?  as in, is the system squeezing a landscape pic into a portrait spot?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

rotate photo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was originally taken in "portrait" orientation on a Samsung phone (a bunch of photos of our office door). When saved on my desktop computer, the thumbnail images were all sideways.  I edited one photo in MS Paint, and subsequently that one thumbnail appears rotated in the correct orientation.

I will take your advice and try rotating it with a different program, and see what happens. [UPDATE: Using Pixlr worked!]

Thanks!