AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

rotate photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Today, I tried to add an interior photo to our "Google My Business" listing. The photo on my computer seems to be in the correct orientation, but when I uploaded it, it rotated by 90 degrees. I don't see any way to correct it, and can't find any suggestions in this forum or through any Google searches.

Help!

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author L L T
November 2016

rotate photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi LLT
That does seem odd.  
Couple of questions that come to mind.

- Was the image originally taken at the 90° rotated or at the angle on your computer?  If the rotated, perhaps use a different package to rotate the image and save it as a new file with that new orientation.  Pixlr online is a free tool that will let you do that easily.

- Could this be related to the image dimensions?  as in, is the system squeezing a landscape pic into a portrait spot?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author L L T
November 2016

rotate photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi LLT
That does seem odd.  
Couple of questions that come to mind.

- Was the image originally taken at the 90° rotated or at the angle on your computer?  If the rotated, perhaps use a different package to rotate the image and save it as a new file with that new orientation.  Pixlr online is a free tool that will let you do that easily.

- Could this be related to the image dimensions?  as in, is the system squeezing a landscape pic into a portrait spot?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

rotate photo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was originally taken in "portrait" orientation on a Samsung phone (a bunch of photos of our office door). When saved on my desktop computer, the thumbnail images were all sideways.  I edited one photo in MS Paint, and subsequently that one thumbnail appears rotated in the correct orientation.

I will take your advice and try rotating it with a different program, and see what happens. [UPDATE: Using Pixlr worked!]

Thanks!