2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Google reviews that I see when I look at my business on Google Maps are different (and more current) than what I see when I go into Google My Business and click on reviews. Basically, I can't review and respond to current reviews because they don't show up. I think there must be something wrong with my account that I can't access the reviews that are current.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer T
July

reviews

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer T

the owner of the listing is an account based on a mail starting  with "ze" 

to be more concrete: it's  ze…@gmail.com.

It means only this owner can see through his dashboard the current public reviews.

Regarding your role:

Click in the listing in question in your dashboard and then at the left side (via the main menue) the tab "Users"

View solution in original post

reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer T

can oyu provide screen grabs showing reveiw more current on GMaps and not showing if going in to your GoogleMyBsuiness clicking on "Reviews"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, @Helmut Geissler for your response.

so from the two screen shots, you can see that what shows up in public on the local listing does not match what I see in my business listing. There is a disconnect somewhere. the recent reviews don't show up in My Business.

I started looking into this because of the 1 star review. I don't know this person and the company has never done work for them. So I don't know why he reviewed the business at all.

view from the google listing.pngview from the my business listing.png

reviews

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer T

This is the listing in question https://goo.gl/maps/w4G34Zy4kxL2 - right?

and you as a owner or manager of the listing and as the owner of  employee of the business wrote a review for it?

This got filtered for sure due to violation of the review guidelines ("conflict of interests")

But I know you asked why not seeing the two legit reviews in your second screengrab.

Ok I understood this this question.

Lemme ask whether you have been signed to the account of the primary owner of the above linked listing or as manager or as communication manager "only"?

And tell me please: what are  the first two characters of the email address as you have used to sign in to the GoogleMyBusiness  dashboard as visible with your second screenshot.

reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

yes, that is the listing.

I get the conflict of interest, but I deleted the review. it didn't get filtered. I deleted it shortly after Ashley left a review. I wanted at least 1 to be there. People in this area just don't do google reviews.

How do I find out my role for this account? I am the only one who does anything with the google listing, ad words, etc. I would think that I am assigned as the primary owner. I don't see how I can determine the role I have on this account.

the email address starts with wm.

Thank you for your continued help

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer T
July

reviews

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer T

the owner of the listing is an account based on a mail starting  with "ze" 

to be more concrete: it's  ze…@gmail.com.

It means only this owner can see through his dashboard the current public reviews.

Regarding your role:

Click in the listing in question in your dashboard and then at the left side (via the main menue) the tab "Users"

reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I have got the same issue with our google business site. We have had a recent review last week that has been negative (and not accurate or justified) so I would like to respond however when I am logged into google I can only see 5 reviews however if I search our business there are 7 reviews. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Hannah