My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

removing review snippets on search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On the right side of the screen on a google search of my business, there is a panel that includes a our picture, map, written address, and review snippets.  Google has taken parts of a bad review and put it in the snippets.  I have responded to the bad (& unfair) review, but it is unfair to have the snippets there.  I must remove them.  Tell me what to do.  https://www.google.com/search?q=fay+lake+resort&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: removing review snippets on search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I doubt Google would remove the snippets because the business owners do not like them, but you should contact My Business support and discuss the matter with them.
You can contact My Business support by clicking the Contact Us link in the My Business help center.
https://support.google.com/business/#topic=4539639

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi There,

Without appealing to Google that the customer's review violates Google's review policy https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en, there is no way you can select or remove reviews from the Knowledge Panel at this time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"Don't like them"? Really?? Why would a business owner like something that drives away potential business? Yes, a user can click to find all of the reviews including my response to the bad, but people are in such a hurry that they'll probably just pass on by after seeing that....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was reading an article that someone wrote after doing some research about how Google might choose what to put on the knowledge panel. Might have to do with the kind of Google user the reviewer is and something about key words. Read another forum in which a business was asking why some businesses have the knowledge panel and others don't.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Of course nobody likes a bad review, and if it is fake even worst, but Google Reviews is a "me too" feature, there are plenty of reviews sites, and Google was kind of late to the game and implemented a reviews section to the local business listings several years ago, but they don't have good oversight, anybody with a Google account and a Google+ profile can write a review. There are some things they do to catch obvious fake reviews, but most probably make it through and get published, which is the reason why you need to contact My Business support to see if they can assist you with this matter.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've sent them a message. I'm not quite as concerned about the review itself (I pretty much took care of that in my response which is also public). Because Google refused me access for over a year because I have a post office box, I posted her review and my response on my facebook page and watched hundreds of my customers post karma wishes to her! I just don't want her review on my snippets on the knowledge panel. We'll see if Google will help me.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
All of the reviews are over a year old. Try and get some fresh positive reviews and I bet the snippets will update. I've seen this happen on a few occasions.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do any of you experts have any influence with Google? The sheer number of extremely legit complaints on these forums regarding issues with reviews is horrifying. Why would anyone have a business relationship with them? I'm surprised that no one has started a lawsuit....

And no, I am not going to ask my customers to get a google account to write a great review just for the chance that they would be randomly selected and I would have my snippets changed.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Diane R Every person who answers questions on this forum is a volunteer. We do not work for Google. You don't have to take the advice you are offered here by the volunteers. We are simply providing guidance based on years of observations and hands on experience. 

As always, I sincerely hope that you find what you need!

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky