My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

remove review and reviewer

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you please help? Need to remove a review off our page as its incorrect the review is for the wrong business.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Philip R

Please include the following with your question so we can investigate.  Google is very reluctant to remove reviews from businesses, so we'll need to check to see if any guidelines have been violated. If so, we may be able to have it removed. 
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have absolutely NO idea what this is about!

Phil Rettew

Re: remove review and reviewer

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Philip R wrote:

I have absolutely NO idea what this is about!

Phil Rettew

I can clarify this to you @Philip R

@MargaretO responded on a question of an other user " @Philip R " and tagged him.

Unfortunately there is a long standing bug in the forum software often misinterpreting the tagging information of namesakes and therefore you have been tagged instead of your namesake @Philip R

Hope it is clear now

Sorry for the confusion - we  volunteers here  are  definitively not responsible for. it

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Will try this again, hopefully forum will tag right person this time.

@Philip R

Please include the following with your question so we can investigate.  Google is very reluctant to remove reviews from businesses, so we'll need to check to see if any guidelines have been violated. If so, we may be able to have it removed. 
1. Full business name 
2. Current business address 
3. Current telephone number 
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MargaretO, 

I have a client who who submitted a review (1-star) that he wants to delete.  He can't figure out how, so he submitted an immediate second Google review (5 stars).  Problem is that incorrect 1-star review is still showing.  How do I message you my details?  Or do I simply add to this chain?  

Thank you.

Todd

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is Google not helping? My business (Calgary PC Medic) has an almost impeccable reputation with most customers giving us 5 stars. One particular reviewer however is really pissed at us because (he owns a cabinet making shop) my wife and I decided to hire another cabinet shop to do our cabinets. So he went on my site and posted a really nasty review. This shows me however that Google does NOT read any reviews, because if they did they would immediately see the inconsistency between the reviews, I mean think about, how can any business get 95% 5 stars and then a terrible 1 star review? We give the exact same service to every customer. And the truth is that we have saved this particular customer's computer numerous times always making him more than happy. But it does not stop here. In the review body, this person (Dene Gardner) is actually telling people to go to a competitor of mine mentioning their name (Computer rack) which according to Goggle's guidelines should be an immediate dis-qualifier. I have contacted Goggle flagging the review 3 times but no answer whatsoever! What is going on Goggle? Your own guidelines post advertising for another business as illegal - why are you not doing anything about this? Please help.    

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Philip,

you cannot remove reviews...but you can flag them to Google so that they can check

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Team S

Have escalated this to Google for you. Feel free to tag me in 2 weeks if the review is still showing and if I haven't given you a response from Google.

As far as the review spam you're mentioning, can you elaborate?  Happy to investigate that.  

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Green Home O

Would be easier for me to track this is you start your own thread, and yes provide the full biz details so we can investigate.

Please tag me in your new thread or provide a link to the new thread in this one and tag me in it.  

Find me on · · my blog