My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

remove original Google photos

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum, answered by Community User Tim Capper.

How do I remove the original Google photos from my business profile?

Answer: Go into your account. If they were originally added as logo and header, then they will be in manage photo section

Or you can go direct to photos

Select photo and delete

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: remove original Google photos

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This does not work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've had the same problem, refreshing your page does sometimes work though Brookside P.
Or clicking on the image on the editing page, which takes you to the profile view of your Google My Business.
Then when you click or refresh the picture you want to get rid of, it does sometimes appear, the black editing box as shown above.
Unfortunately I deleted a few photos which now are showing a grey no entry sign, even on the main profile image! I can't get rid of that!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ElizabethP,

All my images with the no entry grey bar have disappeared, which is great.
However our main image on Google Search is now a random image selected of the area where the business is, rather than of the cover photo that I've selected. I'm not sure why this has happened, but could you please help me to change this please!

Thanks

Nanaco

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi @Myoko P,

Can you go ahead and start a new thread on this board? We try to keep each person's issue in its own thread so our experts have an easier time helping everyone.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I originally added my business pictures in Google Places. My problem is that when someone does a mobile search, the image that pops up relates to commercial HVAC, a service we no longer perform. My Internet manager deleted this and other commercial HVAC pictures from my MyBusiness account on Thursday, two days ago. But, this commercial HVAC picture is still appears on mobile search. This is misleading to potential new customers and does not accurately portray my current services. It's probably causing me to lose business. If I could even simply reorder my pictures or put one of the pictures I already have in MyBusiness that best portrays my services in place of that HVAC picture, this would really help my business image.

My Internet manager tells me that it appears to him that when you did the conversion from Places to MyBusiness, you somehow left up ghost images that can't be deleted.

Please help!

Jerry Deason,

Waldorf Plumbing

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi @Jerry D,

Can you go ahead and start a new thread on this board? We try to keep each person's issue in its own thread so our experts have an easier time helping everyone.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I have done everything I could think of to remove a featured image that was contributed to our business. Its an old logo. I have asked Google to remove it, Flagged it, added a preferred image to my business location and google + pages, brand page, and managed location, Called Google and the rep told me she would send it to the appropriate team, all of which are verified, so Its not that we don't have permission to change things. It just doesn't want to go away. Part of my question is, why would google allow another persons photo to be a featured image one that the owner and the people they give permission to control not be able to remove an old outdated photo? So if you Google "Catapult Learning" or Catapult Learning, inc" you will see a side of a building with our old company logo. I've waiting for everything to propagate numerous times. I'm writing this as a last ditch effort and I'm asking what else can I do? Many thanks for any help in advance.

remove original Google photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Howdy Community,

I am having a difficult time deleting photos from by Google Business page.  If one were to search "New West KnifeWorks" on Google, there would be a ton of out dated product and store photos that I never posted.  There are 44 total.  But when I log into my account I only see the twelve I uploaded 3 weeks ago.  How do I delete these outdated photos that I can't access from my account?

Cheers,

A