My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

remove old listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We opened a store after having the company's showroom listed on Google Maps for years.  The old administration set up the location that we no longer occupy and I cannot delete the showroom. Now customers are getting confused about our retail store! How can I close the former location when I do not have access to the mail received at the old business address?

remove old listing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Jamie, is this old business verified?  If it is, you will need to to go to https://business.google.com login with your email address, and then click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, select all locations.  From there click on the pinkish-purple + button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen then select top button (A pin with the + in the center) that says Add a Location.  From there start filling out the information from the old location, Google *Should* have an autofill pop-up and then select it.  Click the Continue at the bottom, you should receive a message stating that it has already managed by someone, then as you fill out the form, request primary ownership.  Google will then reach out to the current owner stating you wish to take control of the listing.  If they don't respond within 7 days, you will need to reach out again (via a link that Google will email you), they will then nudge the current owner one more time, and if they don't respond after another 7 days, you'll need to follow-up once again by a link that Google has sent you, and then they should give you access, then you can proceed to delete the page...  Hopefully that helps and makes sense...