My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

red marker on maps has disappeared.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I'm hoping for some help on a couple of issues. Suddenly, my red dot has disappeared from my google maps local listing. It has not yet effected my local ranking, although I am concerned it might.

In addition I have been trying to get the directions icon to show up in my local listing (it never has I can't figure out why) Hope I haven't screwed something up. any help you can give me would be much appreciated.  My  info that might help. eikonphoto.com . would embed a screen shot but I'm getting an invalid html message.

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karen S
November 2015

Re: red marker on maps has disappeared.

Top Contributor
# 16
Top Contributor
Hi Karen,
The Map Maker record for the Local business listing shows the full address
https://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x89b7b848fc957991:0x4834c5d935c9405a
So, this is a bug in the rendering of the address information in the Local business page or Google hid it automatically based on some criteria, like photography business do not have typically a staffed storefront always available for walk-ins during the stated business hours.
Whatever the reason, I suggest that you contact My Business support to try to address this issue.
You can contact them by clicking the Contact Us link at the top of the My Business help center.
https://support.google.com/business#topic=4539639

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Karen, did you make any changes to your address or service area settings in your dashboard? Are there any error messages next to your address in your dashboard?
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Tam
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Tam
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Karen,

I was able to find your business on Maps and it looks like you are set up as a service area business.

This will only display the city and state. Since this is designed for businesses that goes to their customers, it won't have a directions icon. If you do have a storefront you can display your full address by checking the box that says people also come to you in your address field.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That would be weird. I have been set up as a bricks and mortar business with google local for at least the last 10 years - I don't know how that would have got changed. - How would I be able to tell if that had somehow happened

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did not change the address, but I changed Southeast to SE

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Karen, Tam is correct. If you are set-up as a SAB you shouldn't have a directions option or a red pin marker since your address is hidden. Are you sure you haven't changed the service area settings?
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Tam
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Tam
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Karen!

You should be able to log in to your account to manage your page to see if this has been updated. Once you are in your dashboard, you can press on the red edit button and select the address field. Underneath the address there will be a box that says you deliver goods and services. Uncheck that box and save. That will allow the full address to appear on Maps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No I checked - I definitely did not check the box that says i deliver goos and services ..... it's not checked. I would show you the screen shot but it's not letting me attach the screen shot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I really have confirmed that box has never been checked. Any other ideas?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Karen S

the G+ page @Tam@Colan and me are talking about is plus.google.com/103039224364219189580/about

And this is for sure a service area business with hidden address.

Maybe its not the page you are managing in your dashboard.

It therefore would very much help getting a screenshot form your page in your dashbaord.

Since you seem having issues to provide a screenshot here:

Can't you upload the screenshot somewhere else providing here a link of it?