My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

"Your Google+ page has been suspended for spammy behavior."

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

My GoogleMyBusiness account has been suspended due to 'spammy behaviour' but I can't quite figure out what they are referring to as all the business information on the page is correct.

Information:

1. Full business name: First Class London Cleaning Services
2. Current business address: 20 Dickens Road E6 3BY London, UK (service area business)
3. Current telephone number: 07487627229
4.Google+URL: https://business.google.com/b/110172686040612281745/dashboard/l/09829148866000955852

Some background: originally my page was suspended around October 2016 for 'quality issues' and I didn't really realise for a while as I was not very familiar with how GMB worked or what its significance was. I recently realised that this meant my listing was deleted from maps so I began trying to resolve the issue.

After making some changes to the profile page earlier on the advice of someone from GMB phone support (that is, 1. put service area not your home address, 2. delete address from website, 3. delete several duplicate pages (for same location or previous address) that had been accidentally created), I appealed and the page was reinstated. I got this email:

Hello,

We have lifted the suspension from your Google+ page. However, in order for you to get your Google+ page reinstated, you need to complete the verification process.

In order to complete the verification process for your Google+ page, please make sure all information on your page is in accordance with the Google My Business Quality guidelines. If you have any further questions about verification, please consult this link.

Thanks,
Google My Business Support

However, when I went to verify the listing via GMB (with postcard) it came up with 'verification failed.' Immediately after I noticed that it read in red at the top of the GMB page 'Your account has been suspended due to quality issues.' I made another appeal and I got the following response:

Hello,

We have reviewed your request and can’t reinstate your Google+ page at this time. Your Google+ page has been suspended for spammy behavior.

If you have any further questions, please consult the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Google My Business Support

I also got another email from a separate department which said:

"We've looked at your account and it looks like your business is not eligible for display on Google Maps as per our quality guidelines."

When I have asked for any clarification on the issue, I have not received any.

Any help/pointers would be MUCH appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rowan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Your Google+ page has been suspended for spammy behavior."

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rowan L

There is an unverified listing for your business here: https://goo.gl/maps/5YEyoxCCp5w

Its existence is likely causing the issue. Was that the previous address of your business?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your response.

In answer to your question, that was the previous address of my business. 

I have tried to 'claim' that business as my own (it is), but when I try to do so, the system will only post out to that OLD address. The path I've tried is to 1) Resolve the addresses on the GMB 'locations manager', 2) Delete duplicate locations and 3) Make sure my details on the GMB profile are correct and up to date. However, as you have noted, that has not gotten rid of the old listing which shows with an incorrect address (and the new listing doesn't show).

I have tried to get rid of this old listing and asked the people on the GMB helpline if they can help me do so but they say it's not possible?

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rowan

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Rowan L

When did your business move to the new address?

Did you ever have a verified listing while it was at the previous address or is the only listing you have ever verified the one at the new location that ended up getting suspended?

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The business moved to the new address on May 1st 2016 (when I moved house).

As far as I recall, I successfully verified the listing at the old address (since I remember getting a postcard there, and also seeing my listing on maps), but I am not 100% sure that that one went through successfully. 

Many thanks,

Rowan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey @Rowan L

Okay, it's tough because ideally you would want to claim that existing listing and update its address to the new one, particularly since it has a few reviews on it. But they're not going to want to send the verification postcard to your new address. This is because anyone could try to claim a listing and say its address is incorrect and needs to be updated to X, whether that's true or not.

This is what I would try:
I would put the address back on your website (the new address).
Delete your suspended listing.
Claim the old listing: https://goo.gl/maps/5YEyoxCCp5w using the gmail account listed on your website. Or claim it using a Google account that is associated with email address of the business domain name.

Before having the verification postcard sent update the address to the new one. It should still want to send the postcard to the old address. Go ahead and have it sent. After 14 days, contact support to tell them you're having trouble getting your listing verified. Explain that you have moved to a new address and are trying to claim and update the listing. They would be able to see the new business address on your website, they would be able to see the email account you're trying to use to claim the listing matches what's on the website (or the domain of the website), and they would also be able to call and reach you at the number shown on the listing that you're trying to claim. So maybe they will help you update and verify it from there. I don't know if it will work but that's what I would try.

Otherwise you would probably have to try to start over fresh at your new location. So you would delete the suspended listing, create a new one (preferably in a different Google account) and request the verification postcard. Hopefully once you enter the PIN you won't be immediately suspended. You would then want to contact support to ask them to mark the old listing as moved to the new one.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your detailed and considered response.

I have done as you advised and will now wait and then contact them again ... fingers crossed! Will update as things pan out.

Thanks again,

Rowan