My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

"We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I woke up today and Google combined two different locations of mine, and in doing so my Google+ business page (the most active one with all my posts) just disappeared. Poof. Gone.

My current location was combined with an older location and now all the reviews and the posts I had on my active Google+ account are gone.

I have no way or resource to try and get it back other then posting this. I have found nothing. Google gave me no explanation other than cookie-cutter archive searches which does not specifically address what's going on...

Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It didn't happen like this before, but now by clicking on my Google+ page it says "Your page has been blocked since it has been identified as possible spam. To unblock your page, please verify it.Verify" When I click on "Verify" it takes me on a loop back to my business page showing the message above: "We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another."

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Can you post your business name/address/phone/website? I'd be happy to take a look. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Auto Glass City
126, 503 E Jackson St, Tampa, FL, US
(813) 321-3419
www.autoglasscityinc.com

We were really working on the Google+ page too! And now it's gone. The one it combined to (our W. Kennedy location) didn't really have anything on the Google+ page...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried to place the E. Jackson address change back on the page and it placed the E. Jackson address on the W. Kennedy address page. What a mess!

You can see the extra comma on the address now...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Shelton R

Okay, I see what happened. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but whoever told you how to set up your business on Google steered you wrong. I'm honestly surprised that only one of your locations was shut down, I'd have expected both locations to disappear. 

If you look at Google's Guidelines:
Use a precise, accurate address to describe your business location. PO Boxes or mailboxes located at remote locations are not acceptable.

Service-area businesses--business that serve customers at their locations--should have one page for the central office or location and designate a service area from that point.

You're also heavily discouraged from using the same phone number for more than one business listing. 

Here are the two addresses you were using for your two 'locations':
4532 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609
503 E Jackson St, Tampa, FL

Both are UPS stores, it's surprising you were able to get both verified and set up in the first place. You're going to need to switch the profile that's still live to using your home address or some other genuine location ASAP, and you're only going to be allowed to have one GMB listing, since you're a service area business. 

Google also pays close attention to your business information on third party sites (map quest, Yelp, facebook for business, Angie's list, etc) and you've got profiles all over the place with both of those UPS addresses. This is going to be a real mess to clean up, and until you do it's going to be very challenging to rank your business on Google.

For anyone else taking a look, looks like there were 3 GMB profiles for the same location, two have been deleted and the one that's left is here. Here's the address for the two I found that've been deleted:
https://plus.google.com/+AutoGlassCityTampa
https://plus.google.com/112600417538205214029/about

I'll escalate this though and see if it's at least possible to save your reviews. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Shelton R

I got word back, but it sounds like the only deleted profile that was found with reviews only had two. Is that how many you lost, or is there another profile that got deleted with more? If you have the CID for any other deleted profiles, that would help. 

Or did I misunderstand, and you're more worried about the lost Google+ posts than lost reviews?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
First of all, thank you so much for spending the time you did on this. I appreciate it. (I have just returned from a 10-day international trip).

I was worried about both, my posts and my reviews. Two reviews that are 5 stars make difference between the business showing with no reviews or as a 5 star business. Since we just began our online marketing efforts again after a couple of years, it was nice to have a baseline to work from.

Since the business is a mobile business, I didn't think it to be inappropriate to set up a – at the time Google Places – page with the address I legally used for my business in all correspondence and bank filings. Who wants to put their home on the map so that customers can see and chance them showing up there for service?

So the only option for a mobile business (other than exposing one's home to the public) is to rent a physical space and pay rent, right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! Van you help me? I have the same issue!

My business its inside of a mall I don't know if it could be the problem.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Shelton R, I passed on your request to get those two reviews and the social posts back. I'll let you know what I hear back. 

Google actually provides an option for businesses like yours, you'll want to set up as a service area business. You end up with your address hidden, and a big red area showing your service area on the map. You can actually have a profile suspended for spam for not hiding an address if customers can't actually come to see you at the address during business hours. Not all business directories allow you to hide your address though, so it can make citation gathering a little bit more limited.