My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

"This review hasn't been approved yet" email notification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I receive email notification saying I have a review, within the "review box" there come copy at the bottom that reads: "This review hasn't been approved yet and may be removed from your page. Learn more about review policies."

Is there a review process that I should know? I didn't think we were able to approve and/or remove reviews from our business page. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Outdoor T
February 2016

Re: "This review hasn't been approved yet" email notification

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Outdoor T

No, you cannot approve or remove reviews.

I would wait a few days to see if the review is approved. If it is rejected, it goes back into the reviewers Google account to amend and resubmit.

As the business, there is nothing you can do, just hope the reviewer corrects what they did wrong and resubmit.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this information Tim Capper! One of our clients received several of these notices in the past week all with the same date. Could this be potentially some unsafe Google submission practices our client is doing without us knowing it? They typically only receive a few reviews per month via Google.

Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Columbian H

1) Check to see if they all stick

2) Did they perhaps do an email flyer?

Maybe pass on the review guidelines as a precaution.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your prompt insight and response TimC!

I will follow up with our client.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim.  I received a new review today as well, and the obligatory 'new review' email from G.  But, it also triggered two other emails sent at the same time (literally) for my only 2 other reviews that have been on my page since one year ago!  Also, I have responded to both reviews one year ago.  The email text at the bottom - "This review has been approved..." is quite confusing and alarming to be honest.  the link the "Review Policies" leads me to a page that tells me nothing about review approvals, so it's completely unhelpful.  I wish Google would follow their own SEO guidelines and link out to actual data that is anticipated, not to some random page that doesn't have anything helpful at all.  Any feedback on this is highly appreciated. I don't want to lose my two lovely review (3 now) so what do I need to do to keep the Google Gods happy?? Cheers.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Admin A

There are bugs in the system and Google knows about these, until then just carry on as normal.

The review email is not crucial to receiving reviews, its only a notification ( which works intermittent).

Google .png

Rather keep an eye in your account at the actual notification, this is always accurate.