My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

problem with searching my business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a business account called "Ownit Mortgages" when I google this name nothing comes up. but when i google "Ownit Mortgages 177 Old Taupo Road,Rotorua" then it comes up through google with our photo that links to our website and has our location which is great. my concern is that i want people to be able to google "ownit Mortgages" and it comes up with all the information, but it wont do this unless people google the street address along with it (and most people dont know our street address) how can i fix this ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: problem with searching my business name

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

Since you've recently created a business listing, so it might take some time to appear in search results for just business name. However, gradually when you'll start getting some online visibility and reviews you'll see that people are able to find you by just Googling your business name.

So, just start spreading word about your business on internet and ask your clients to leave their feedback, if they're happy with your services.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Emily H :)

Welcome to the community.

I suggest that you issue your problem to this forum- https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/websearch

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Emily H

It sounds like you're talking about the Knowledge Panel is that right?

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 7.09.36 AM.png

I've just done a search for your business name and can see the KP without any problems.

Are you still having difficulty seeing it in your own searches? If so, then the advice provided by @RajK is a good place to start - increase Google's trust in your business by increasing your business directory citations and build up reviews. 

Do you have a website? I notice the link on your KP goes to Facebook - although there's nothing wrong with that, it might diminish Google's level of trust in your business.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog