AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

problem with searching my business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I Google my business name Hero Studio London my google listing does not appear however, when i Google herostudiolondon (as one name) my listing comes up ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Your business name "Hero Studio London" throws Google for a bit of a loop, since it thinks you're searching [Hero Studio] in [London], since Google is inferring that you mean [keywords] in [location]. When I search [Hero Studio London in London], I'm able to see your listing. The search [herostudiolondon] probably does a rewrite of the query to [hero studio london] sometime after the typical splitting process of the query - so it keeps all the terms as keywords instead of a combination of keywords plus a locale.

The website suggests the business name is Simon Phipps Photography, however. Why aren't you using that name? 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi thanks for the info, I've just set up the studio as a separate business not got website up yet hence the link to my photography site. Still not sure of a resolve to the search issue though..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Why set up the studio as a separate business instead of investing in a single brand that can cover both businesses? I suspect you'll find more success in focusing on a single brand online to drive business to the respective channels. They seem closely related. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Oh, as far as resolving the search issue, just remove the word "London" from your brand, if it is important to maintain this as a separate brand. Though, I'd discourage it, since it doesn't help your search presence.