My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

problem with searching my business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I Google my business name Hero Studio London my google listing does not appear however, when i Google herostudiolondon (as one name) my listing comes up ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Your business name "Hero Studio London" throws Google for a bit of a loop, since it thinks you're searching [Hero Studio] in [London], since Google is inferring that you mean [keywords] in [location]. When I search [Hero Studio London in London], I'm able to see your listing. The search [herostudiolondon] probably does a rewrite of the query to [hero studio london] sometime after the typical splitting process of the query - so it keeps all the terms as keywords instead of a combination of keywords plus a locale.

The website suggests the business name is Simon Phipps Photography, however. Why aren't you using that name? 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi thanks for the info, I've just set up the studio as a separate business not got website up yet hence the link to my photography site. Still not sure of a resolve to the search issue though..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Why set up the studio as a separate business instead of investing in a single brand that can cover both businesses? I suspect you'll find more success in focusing on a single brand online to drive business to the respective channels. They seem closely related. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Oh, as far as resolving the search issue, just remove the word "London" from your brand, if it is important to maintain this as a separate brand. Though, I'd discourage it, since it doesn't help your search presence.