My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

postcard verification code not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My verification code does not work!  I have requested the code by mail 2 times and both codes did not work.  Is there another way I can verify my listing?

I get the following error "

The code you have entered is not correct.
Careful — You'll only have one code entry attempt after this."

www.MortgageSeth.com

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mortgage+Seth/@37.7838855,-121.5427606,15z/data=!3m1!4b1

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

What sort of business are you? A physical business with a Store Front and opening hours or a service done from home or a non public office?

The link you provide does not look like a GmB entry. Can you do a screenshot of the GmB Edit page. We cannot see a link to your Edit page as we cannot log on to it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew H, this is the same story for me. I am a yoga teacher and massage therapist working from a home studio. Is this the reason it won't work?

Thanks

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Codes are invalidated if you edit the GMB entry after asking for the verification code. Otherwise people would just make spam changes.

Andrew

Re: postcard verification code not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andrew,
That makes sense. Is there a way around this because I had to be more specific with my address as the code didn’t come to me the first time around? Also because I am working from a rental apartment and don’t have a shop front, does that make me an ineligible business for Google Businesses?

Warm Regards,
Charlotte Heywood

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

You need to set up as a service buisiness hiding the address as you are not a store front.

Set the area where people come from. You make an appointment for them to see you at home.

The stated hours are when you are prepared to make appointments.

Andrew.

Re: postcard verification code not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Andrew!

Warmth & Goodness,
Charlotte Heywood

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I entered my code since it was the same both times on the two different cards. I was sent figuring that if it failed, I would have another way to contact Google that does not work! I am very concerned! Why would I pay for Ad Words or other expensive Google services? When something as easy and free as My Business Verification does not work!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I send another verification postcard and make no changes until I verify will that work?

Clay (David is retired)