My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

overlaps on 2 different google accounts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To whom it may concern,

I have had a google account for quite a few years under Interior Home Designs with the email <edited by a Community Manager as noted below - Email A>.

I am working for a new company and have tried to set up a new account for their business, Legends Windows, Doors and Design Center with the email <edited by a Community Manager as noted below - Email B>.  I have verified this new company through the mail with Google, but could not find our business listing on google.  After doing some research, I found that google thinks Interior Home Designs and Legends W D and DC are 2 of the same company because of me, Leslie Lavelle.  This s not true.  I need these 2 google entities to be separated completely and I need to be able to find the Legends business listing by category.  

In fact, I cannot find any part of our business listing from google by name...I can find facebook, yelp, smith, and more, but not google until I go to my google page Interior Home Designs, then I can find Legends Windows, Doors, and Design Center.

I need help, direction, and confirmation that these things are cleared up.  I tried to call and only was directed to a worthless google help web site.  I live in the Cleveland area and there are no google stores around that could look, direct, and help.  What can we do to resolve this issue without deleting my google account?

Thanks
Frustrated Leslie

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

NOTE: This post appears to be unrelated to AdWords, and has been moved by a Community Manager to the Google My Business Community.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: overlaps on 2 different google accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Leslie,

Is this the new business?

legends.jpg

Did you create this as a new listing or did you modify the existing listing for Interior Home Designs?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: overlaps on 2 different google accounts

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Leslie L

Even if you created using the same account, Google would not merge 2, unless their business details were exact duplicates.

Easiest way to see what is in your account, is to go to the main dashboard >>  https://business.google.com/manage/

You should see both in there. 

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership