My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

opening hours flexibility

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are Mantel Farm, Henley Down, Catsfield, TN33 9BN, 01424 830357, www.mantelfarmshop.co.uk

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mantel+Farm/@50.885154,0.4654303,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4...

Hi google people! We have a conundrum regarding the opening hours listed on our google my business page. Our main farm shop is only open 2 days a week, but for 4 of the other days we are open 2 hours in the morning to receive animal boarding customers. So if I add these hours on google we have people turning up when they shouldn't for shop demands, but if we say closed then animal boarding customers become confused. There is no way I can see to have this flexible set up with extra information shown? Could you please advise me the best way to navigate this issue? We would like to add our company to the list of feature request companies for this functionality. Many thanks, Mantel Farm.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kerry W
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Currently Google is not offering any way for you to edit these alternative service hours directly. So the best you can do is either show just the hours for the farm shop or show all hours. Either way you will have client issues. 

Google is however scraping websites for these extra service hours. If you can get their bot to pick up your alternative hours there it could show correctly. To do that requires that you show each of these sets of hours clearly on your website, preferably your home page and preferably using Schema mark up to distinguish between the different sets of hours. 

I assume that because Google is starting to show these differing service hours in their presentation for many businesses that it will not be very long into the future where they provide you a more flexible way to enter them directly. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's great Mike, thanks a lot for your thoughtful response. I will take a look at the Schema mark up angle and wait and see what google come up with for opening hours moving forward.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike, I am Daniel Lindahl of Daniel Lindahl Architecture in Brisbane Australia. https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Daniel+Lindahl+Architecture/@-27.4855527,152.9960378,17z/data=!...

I have recently put up my profile on Google and regret putting in a list of opening hours as I work from home. Instead I would like to say: "by appointment"  How can I get back into the listing and edit that list, and how can I place this or a similar statement in that spot instead?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. I am Dominique of Noteable Invitations. www.noteableinvitations.com.

I too have a home office and need a "By Appointment" option; as more people work from home each year, this would be a great option. I'll be following this post. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Dominique M @Daniel

Google offers no ability to add that designation. 

One choice is to remove all hours and not publish them at all. 

Another choice is to configure your business as a service area business and hide your address and show hours. Then only you phone number will show and they will have to call you 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info Mike! That would work until they offer "by appointment"

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Dominique M this has long been requested but for whatever reason Google has not chosen to do anything. Given that I would suggest that you don't "hold your breath" as it could be fatal. :)