My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

new address won't update?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how long is it supposed to take for google to update a business address? when you plug my business name into google the little side window that shows up with the hours/pictures/map etc has an old address listed. when i login to google my business the new address is listed on my profile (i changed it over two months ago). i have hit the "suggest an edit" button as well but still the old address appears. what am i missing?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: new address won't update?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,
Since both are verified listings something must have gone wrong with the change of address, ask the My Business support team to delete from the Local database the one for the old address in Germantown.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Could you please provide the business name and the full old and new business addresses to take a look?
Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
sorry for the late reply.
the business name is Autonomous Energies

old address: 4872 State Route 9G Germantown NY 12526
new address: 90 Cornell St #1245 Kingston NY 12402

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Both listings are live on Maps and look verified.
This is the Maps' URL for the Germantown location
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Autonomous+Energies/@42.1757461,-74.4157208,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3...
and this one is the URL for the Kingston location.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Autonomous+Energies/@41.927854,-75.1219324,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m...

Do I understand correctly that you made the change of address and service e area directly in your My Business dashboard?
If that is the case, do you have two listings there?
https://business.google.com/manage
Or did you create a separate listing for the Kingston location on the same or a different Google account?

Have you contacted My Business support to ask them about it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
in my dashboard only the current address is shown. when you google the business name though the old address is what shows up.

as far as i know i just edited the old address (rather than creating a new listing altogether). if the old address is under a different listing i'm not sure how to access it?

i hadn't seen the my business support contact until just now..i'll try that. thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,
Since both are verified listings something must have gone wrong with the change of address, ask the My Business support team to delete from the Local database the one for the old address in Germantown.