My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

my old company is popping up on the right side of a google search for my new company's name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company is "Best Agent Today" but when searched on google "Top Agent Today" (Our old site) pops up. We do not remember our username or password for the google account that we set the business up with so we cannot get in to change the company address/phone number/pictures/name. An old employee may have used her email or phone number so we dont have a way to recover the account. Is there any way we can get into our account?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: my old company is popping up on the right side of a google search for my new company's name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rich

Follow the steps in the help article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en which walks you through how to re-gain control if someone else verified your business.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: my old company is popping up on the right side of a google search for my new company's name

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You may also want to contact GMB support and ask them to mark the old page as moved. It's very important that you specify "moved", and not "closed".
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky