My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

my occupation/service is not listed in the options of occupations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to add an occupation if it is not listed in the choices google provides?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

my occupation/service is not listed in the options of occupations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google doesn't provide lists of "occupations" but of "categories" for GoogleMyBusiness listing.

YOu are supposed to select the closed of those categories describing best your business - even if it isn;t  exactly what your business does.

And no: there is no feature to add categories not yet listed.

But please be aware: there are category lists for almost all countries and the differ slightly.

It therefore might be a certain existent category in country "A" doesn't exist in a counttry "B".

In such case we TC's have a channel  to report such a missing category for the specific country "B" hinting Google on  the fact the category is available in "A".

About what missing category are you talking?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.