My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

my cover photo gets cropped?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i tried the recommended 16:9 for the cover photo but it still gets cropped 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfqb4395xv7m2c7/Screenshot%202017-07-26%2000.39.10.png?dl=0

1 Expert replyverified_user

my cover photo gets cropped?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

It is hard to comment on this post other than to follow the specs for the application you are posting to. The addition of text on the photo is going to make it hard. They set up the picture requirements to display well on a mobile phone to a wide screen using chrome cast. So the need for flexible display is going to create cropping. The key thing to keep in mind is over 50% of users view what you post on a mobile device so you loose a lot of control of the viewport. If there is a specific app or place it is not working please post a link. If it is in regards to the Display on Google My Business please post the details requested.

Please include the following with your question: 
1. Full business name 
2. Current business address 
3. Current telephone number 
4. Google Maps URL 
5. Website (if applicable) 

For google my business the pictures that get displayed and what position they are in is determined by the picture ranking system even though they ask for a cover picture you do not have control over it.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |