My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

my business not showing up when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dallas Supreme Air Service

6800 Vero Dr.

Plano TX 75023

214-310-1680

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/105334385687257109519/105334385687257109519

www.airconditioning-repair-dallas.com

Can you please tell me how I can improve my business page to show up in results better?

Thank you,

Jacob

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: my business not showing up when searched by keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jacob F

I get youscreenshot-www.google.de 2016-08-10 17-50-03.png pretty good ranked on page one of all results:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the quick response. I do see us down the list, just wondering if anything I can improve on ranking us higher.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I did a little poking, and didn't see you on my end. There's a lot of things that can go into ranking, one obvious one though that I saw that was missing for your business, is your organic ranking. How well your website shows in the results below the 3-pack heavily influences where your business appears in the maps as well. I didn't see your business anywhere, even on the 3rd page of results. There are a lot of other things that be improved too I'm sure, but this list can give you some ideas of how to get some new backlinks. I'd start there. As a warning, if you're going to hire someone to help with backlink building, make sure they're going to do it in a good way. There's a ton of people out there using outdated methods that can work in the short term, but can totally hose your website when Google catches on. The simplest rule of thumb: if the link is likely to have real people clicking on your website for real reasons at some point, it's a good link. 

Also as a head's up, you only have one review on Yelp and it has one star, and it shows right at the top when someone searches your business name. It would be worthwhile to try and get some more reviews on Yelp to dilute that negative review a bit. 

If you're a do it yourself kind of a guy and you're looking for some educational resources, this guide's good for getting a grip on the basics. Even if you're going to hire someone, it can definitely help to know which questions to ask to vet someone's knowledge. There's still people calling themselves local SEO experts that don't go beyond citation building, and don't know a thing about getting backlinks for a client, or even basic onpage technical SEO for your website. Optimizing your Google My Business listing and getting some citations doesn't cut it anymore. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.