My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

my business is NOT permanently closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jack Rabbits, a live music venue, has been continuously open in the same location since 1999. Inexplicably Jack Rabbits was assigned the status from Google as "permanently closed" last month. This is hurting my business. I have begun the process of "claiming my business" and eagerly await a postcard from Google so that I can finalize that process.

I have sent correction "reports" to Google numerous times. However, these reports do not seem to be effective. Is there anything else I can do to get this corrected? 

Jack Rabbits

1528 Hendricks Avenue 

Jacksonville FL 32207

A current list of our upcoming shows can be found at either of these links: 

http://www.etix.com/ticket/v/7192/jack-rabbits-live

http://jaxlive.com/events/?tribe_bar_rhp_venue=55

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne Wind
March 2016

Re: my business is NOT permanently closed

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Colan

thanks and this was pretty fast.

Hope @Anne Wind will be happy fro now - she will be much more happy if she got her business claimed I guess ;-)

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Its an unverified business and you should claim it
You also can report it as open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I apologize for not being more specific when I said, "I have begun the process of "claiming my business" and eagerly await a postcard from Google so that I can finalize that process." and also when I said, "I have sent correction "reports" to Google numerous times." In more direct language, let me reiterate:

Jack Rabbits is an unverified business. I have begun this process to claim it so that it can be verified. I, and at least fifty other people in the last month, have reported the business as Open to Google.

My question remains, is there anything else I can do, besides claiming it and reporting it as open, to resolve the ongoing damage that this is doing to my business?

I would appreciate any suggestions of additional steps I can do.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Anne Wind

sorry I missed you're already in the process of claiming.
Regarding the status "closed":

I recommend to stop repeatedly to report it open (have seen in MapMaker this doesn't much help).

It could turn the matter into worst otherwise

I will ping an other TC from the US - perhaps he is able to approve your edits for "Jack Rabbits" in MapMaker.

@Colan can you help please to re-open "Jack Rabbits"?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Helmut Geissler @Anne Wind  It's now open. 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne Wind
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Colan

thanks and this was pretty fast.

Hope @Anne Wind will be happy fro now - she will be much more happy if she got her business claimed I guess ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you both so much! I am thrilled to have the "permanently closed" status removed from my business. I will complete the process to claim and verify my business in the hope that this won't happen again.

Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you both so much! I am thrilled to have the "permanently closed" status removed from my business. I will complete the process to claim and verify my business in the hope that this won't happen again.

Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan. I have the same problem. I have set up the map and Business page of my recently opened restaurant called Shandiz Dubai. However, I searched up Shandiz Dubai a few days ago and it showed up as PERMANENTLY CLOSED. this has caused me lots of concerns as people call and ask if it's been closed. I have reported many times, from different accounts and have claimed my business as well but the post card has not been sent yet and even the location on the map has been changed so I can't request for a new post code. PLEASE help me set it as 'open' as soon as possible!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Kiana k Please start a new thread and share the business details? (Name, address, Phone number)

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky