My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

multiple overlapping hours for parts of a business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to have the Google Business listing show hours for each of several different parts/specialties of the business?    We have multiple parts each with different and overlapping hours.    There doesn't seem to be a way to show detailed hours for each part on the Google Business page.    Alternately, is there a way to add a sentence to the listing so that we can list the "main" business hours and then have a disclaimer telling people to check our website for complete and detailed hours?    Thanks!  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: multiple overlapping hours for parts of a business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John, 

what kind of business is it? In cases like yours, you're often entitled to multiple business listings. A grocery store with an internal pharmacy for example, would have two listings, with both hours listed separately. Looking at Google's Guidelines, they have this to say:

Departments within other business, universities, or institutions

Departments within businesses, universities, hospitals, and government institutions may have their own listings on Google.

Publicly-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page. The exact name of each department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments. Typically such departments have a separate customer entrance and should each have distinct categories. Their hours may sometimes differ from those of the main business.

• Acceptable (as distinct listings):
    • "Walmart Vision Center"
    • "Sears Auto Center"
    • "Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Dermatology"
  • Not acceptable (as distinct listings):
    • The Apple products section of Best Buy
    • The hot food bar inside Whole Foods Market

For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments.

• The main business "Wells Fargo" has the category "Bank" whereas the department "Wells Fargo Advisors" has the category "Financial Consultant"
  • The main business "South Bay Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas the "South Bay Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Store")
  • The main business "GetGo" has the category "Convenience Store" (plus the category "Sandwich Shop") whereas the department "GetGo Fuel" has the category "Gas Station", and the department "WetGo" has the category "Car Wash"

There's no way to add a sentence anywhere to instruct people to check your site for more detailed information on your hours. Hope all that answers your question. Feel free to post more about your specific case if you'd like a second opinion on whether or not you get a second listing for your two departments. 
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: multiple overlapping hours for parts of a business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick and informative reply! In our case, we are categorized as an "Association or Organization". We are a non-profit that maintains a target shooting range. There are various ranges (archery, shotgun, rifle) and each has its own hours. I would be fine having each of those as a :"department" with its own listing (and hours). I see this for example when I google Costco. It comes up with the main Costco info for my local Costco, but there are a list of departments and I can click on, for example, "Costco Gas" to see the hours for the gas station (different from the main store).

Can I do something like that for my listing? I have poked around in the Edit Listing screen and I don't see anywhere to add Departments. Am I missing it or is there something about our listing (for example, that it is for an "Association") which prevents us from listing separate departments.

Thanks!