My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

multiple businesses at one location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an agency setting up a GMB account for a client that runs two seperate businesses out of the same location. 

What is the best practice on who to set up their GMB Pages? Just create another GMB account? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: multiple businesses at one location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Unless you get more specific about the situation it's hard to say, but you can peruse the guidelines yourself here to see if both business do in fact qualify to be listed separately:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

A quick short version though... are the businesses incorporated separately? Staffed separately? Different phone numbers? Assuming that both branches of the business are in fact both allowed to be listed separately (make sure of this first) then best practice from there is pretty straight forward. As long as the businesses have different names, different phone numbers, etc. then sharing the same physical address shouldn't be a problem. 

As far as whether to create a separate GMB account... you can manage two businesses under the same account, and if both are controlled by the same client, then there's no reason to separate them that I'm aware of at least, unless the owner wants to have the manager of one of the businesses have access to their Googly my Business page for that business, without seeing the page for the other business. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.