My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

is google changing my listing ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am fairly new to this google business listing, .. and it seems that I will have to designate a lot of time to my business listing to make it correct, .. or at least BE SEEN !!..

QUESTION-- After I created my business listing, ... I keep seeing changes made to my listing, lets say, .from the address (which was correct the first time),I was told the address don't exist etc.. and prolonged the "pending".  Also in "services offered".. I see they made their own changes, .. and now I am waiting for "pending " another 3 days.  every time I click on this page, .. its something new (VERY FRUSTRATED) .. I am getting ready to hire someone who knows their way around google, . so I can get ranked eventually sometime this year hopefully !.. 

AM I THE ONLY ONE THIS HAPPENS TO ?

I

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @tub g, I understand your frustration. You are not alone in these observations and experiences. It is normal for automated updates and edits to happen inside the GMB dashboard. Google gathers business data from many sources including user edits and 3rd party data sources. 

Actively monitoring your listing and ensuring that your data is accurate on third party data sources is the best practice. There are some great tools out there that can alert you when changes happen on your listing. But nothing is quite effective as manually ensuring that everything is as it should be.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello sir please my number taking 7710855420

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Post some​ specific​ things that​ you​ would​ like us to help with​ here and you​ will get tons of​ guidance​. 

I would​ recommend​ against​ sharing​ your phone​ number​ here. Spammers​ will take advantage​.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

there are a lot of questions I have pertaining to this, .. I really need to be found in the searches, There are soooo many different areas to be addressed, that it is confusing... especially for someone who works with his hands.. (not on computers ). That alone would take so much of my time. , I get it, there is a lot of things to do in order to be found etc...this is why I was going to hire someone to handle it.

I recently bought into the adwords call only, .. and like a typical salesman, .. the numbers they originally quoted me, were MUCH different than what they really come out to be. So, just to test the waters, .. I informed the man that I will start out with a smaller budget,($295, instead of $495/month) Since I chose a lower program, my cost per calls were increased by almost a third!!! If I'm paying such a high price for a phone call that "might" turn into a gig, .. than this program should really be adjusted to confirmed gigs, not just a call that might happen.  anyway,Is there a cheaper way to steer business in my direction (starting out ) at least until my website gains momentum ?!? or until I can find the right person to handle this account for me, and do all the seo etc... any suggestions would be great. I originally started with adwords, .. But everytime I would search, ... I could not find my site ANYWHERE.... But for some reason, google kept billing me for clicks etc... ( which were probably from me typing in my own business name)..

thanks in advance,

MIchael 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UNBELIEVABLE... THEY  did it again... Is this a joke or something ?.... I checked my business today, and they said there is an issue with my address.. wtf is wrong with google ?... I fixed this multiple times.

my other gripe is with the adwords account team .  does anyone have a link for a for forum that I can ask questions on about google adwords ?..please.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Can you share a screenshot showing the address with the error message? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm sorry ,I'm not computer smart.. I don't know how to add the url of the screenshot... 

but I am now locked out of "my business" page... UNTIL ITS VERIFIED AGAIN!!

The name of the business is tubglazer.com , .. (thats MY website too),.. but this is how I wanted it to look on my business page,....I feel like someone in google in f**king with me !,...why would they make me verify multiple times, .. change my services, or payment methods, from the way I originally set this up ?.   this is going on for a month now., .. and no matter where I look, I can not find it on ANY search,unless I specifically type tubglazer.com in the seaerch bar.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

It looks like this is a service area business, correct? Is the address being used a home address? Did you have the service area settings set-up correctly in the dashboard?