AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

incorrect business showing at my business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, my business, Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa, is located at 323 Gillespie Avenue in Sarasota, Florida 34236. e have been at this location since March 2015. This is the only business located at this address. Believe in Bodywork is NOT located at this address. Could someone please update this? Our clients are potentially contacting Believe in Bodywork instead of us due to this incorrect information. Believe in bodywork is located at 2886 Ringling Boulevard, Sarasota, FL 34237. You can verify this by clicking on their webpage http://www.believeinbodywork.net.

Please update the map to show our established day spa at 323 Gillespie Avenue and remove the incorrect information about Believe in Bodywork.

Our web address is www.ShoreRejuvenation.com if you would like to verify this information.

Thank you,

Holly Sharpe

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: incorrect business showing at my business address

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

To both of you guys 

There si a user "Anonymous1149" having tried making pretty bad edits on both listings in question.

As this edits are (at least partially complete wrong - not to say partially nonsense)

I strongly recommend to undo the edits asap.

I mean the edits  of user "Anonymous1149" for "Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa" and for "Believe in Bodywork #Massage Therapy"

Why do I recommend it?

The really bad tried edits have now blocked the "Believe in Bodywork" showing as permanently closed as its edits are "under GoogleModeration"

Fortunately the other edit of  "Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa" isn't preventing  getting shown it properly on GMaps but it's edit  has nothings to do with or will not help removing  "Believe in Bodywork".

As far as I can say: YOu have to live with the existent entry "Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa" and have to arrange that  "Believe in Bodywork" get's marked as closed.

Just my two cents

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Holly,

The first step in these cases is to go to the incorrect listing on Google Maps and suggesting edits. There you can change the address and map marker. I have already made these changes based on the address information I saw on "Believes" website. If this doesn't solve the problem in a week or so please contact Google MyBusiness support https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I have already tried that multiple times with no reply or update made and it has been over a month. I am reaching out to Google My Business now. Hopefully they can resolve this issue. Thank you for your assistance though. Maybe if enough people suggest the edit they will change it. :)

Holly Sharpe
[cid:image009.png@01CFDEE2.522C8BE0]
Holly Sharpe
Owner/Aesthetician
Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa
323 Gillespie Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34236

[facebook2][twitter1][yelp]
holly@shorerejuvenation.com
www.ShoreRejuvenation.com
(941) 312.6144
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

To both of you guys 

There si a user "Anonymous1149" having tried making pretty bad edits on both listings in question.

As this edits are (at least partially complete wrong - not to say partially nonsense)

I strongly recommend to undo the edits asap.

I mean the edits  of user "Anonymous1149" for "Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa" and for "Believe in Bodywork #Massage Therapy"

Why do I recommend it?

The really bad tried edits have now blocked the "Believe in Bodywork" showing as permanently closed as its edits are "under GoogleModeration"

Fortunately the other edit of  "Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa" isn't preventing  getting shown it properly on GMaps but it's edit  has nothings to do with or will not help removing  "Believe in Bodywork".

As far as I can say: YOu have to live with the existent entry "Shore Rejuvenation Day Spa" and have to arrange that  "Believe in Bodywork" get's marked as closed.

Just my two cents

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut, Thanks for your feedback, I ended up calling a rep at Google My Business earlier & she made the edits. She explained that Believe in Bodywork can re-open at her new location, but she had to mark it as closed at the wrong address to remove it from my business' address where it was showing on the map. She told me that Believe In Bodywork will disappear from my business address on the map within two weeks. Hopefully that is true.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
glad to hear - let's see what happens - fingercrossing but not sure