My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

inaccurate pictures

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone just went onto my business page and posted pictures that have nothing to do with my guest house. Tractors, tyres and car parts. How do I remove the pictures. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

inaccurate pictures

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Can you post a link to the actual listing? It may help figure out what happened. Do you have a verified listing you control and have posted pictures on it?

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: inaccurate pictures

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The pictures were posted before I verified the listing. When I received the
verification code and went on to verify is when I discovered someone had
posted posted pictures. you can google Thornpark Garden Villas
Here is the link
https://www.google.co.zw/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x1931af1d7ebb3ddb%3A0x1edd91b266e0d11e!2m16!8m1!9b1!16...

Re: inaccurate pictures

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Margareth Z,

Since you have verified the listing in Google My Business now you should report them as This photo is irrelevant to this business from the Photos section of your My Business dashboard.

Click the photo to open it in full screen and click the white flag at the top right corner to start the process.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

inaccurate pictures

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

In addition to Treebles comments, you may want to add some more pictures that show details about the location  such as 

• Highest possible  technical quality (resolution, focus, balanced light/colors)
  • Framing the storefront to include ground, sky, trees and other appealing elements. and puts the location in context
  • They add pictures from a cell phone with GPS if you can showing the company logo and business name in them.
  • Also, pictures of the outside where you display the hours of operation pictures occasionally will show up high on the list of pictures. 
  • Work on any other pictures that show the potential visitor to know what to expect before they visit. Tell a picture story. 

Ask happy patrons to do a review on your page, but not from your location it must be from there devices. It will help in ranking

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

inaccurate pictures

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had the same issue and reported them.  How can we prevent it? Why can't we contact the poster? How long before Google cleans this up and removes the pix?!

inaccurate pictures

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

@William D the system is set up so that you can not contact the poster. Is the person in the Google guides program? If the system sees repeated reports it will take time but eventually resolve. If you post more details the community can also help.