My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

how to enter 2 domain names in business acct

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 domain names that go to the same website.  How do I put both domain names on the business acct?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Colan (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: how to enter 2 domain names in business acct

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can't. You can put the main one in the website area, and the second one in the description if you really want, but that's it.

More importantly though, am I understanding you right, that you have one domain with a website, and a second domain that redirects to the first one? You'll get penalized for using a website that redirects anywhere, since it's a common scammer trick.

I'd highly suggest only using one website (don't bother mentioning the other one in the business description) and use the domain that's not a redirect on your profile.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Heather,

James is right. Out of curiosity, why do you want to use both domains?
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, James: I have two websites with the same name. The first has a limited platform, so I bought an online store from another host and copied the contents to the second site hoping to drive more traffic to my site. Both sites are active. The first site has the domain name that is connected to Google Analytics. Is there a way for me to transfer my Google Analytics account to the new domain name? Am I making any sense?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

There's a Google Analytics forum here you could try asking, but if I'm understanding you correctly, why not just add the second site to your analytics account? Am I understanding right that it's two active sites with identical content? You can have multiple sites being tracked from within one analytics account. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James, I don't know how to add the second site to the existing Google
account. Can you point me in the right direction?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

For sure. Instructions for adding a site are here. Let me know if that gets you there. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James,
Thanks for the link. I started to do it, but I have a question. My new
property has the same name as the original property, but it has a different
domain name. Can I still enter the old property name?

Gail

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James, your link worked! Now I have another question. The link suggested
copying and pasting the analytics tracking code to every webpage I want to
track. My new domain name is a Godaddy online store. Where would I paste
the analytics tracking code?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

That's something you'd have to ask them, I've never used Godaddy's online store. There's probably a fairly easy way to do it though, at least if they have their act together.