My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

highlighting a speciality

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi 

How do you highlight a specialty on google+?

For example, my wife is a dermatologist and can now be found on google maps with a local search for 'dermatologist' (thanks to help on this forum).  Part of her private work however is cosmetic treatment but if you search for 'botox' she does not appear in the local listings. Is it possible to add specialties to a google+ listing to allow customers to find you if they search by specialty?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Dr+Claudia+DeGiovanni/@50.834577,-0.081989,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0...

Many thanks

Kieran

1 Expert replyverified_user

highlighting a speciality

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Barney

it isn't possible to add specialities per se to a GMB listing though you can certainly provide that information in the introduction section.

Google uses a number of tools to determine what people do and what services businesses provide so definitely make sure your wife's specialities are mentioned not only in your website but any other online directories that she might be listed in.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog