My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

help changing the primary email on business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! We have a bad email associated to our profile and need to change the primary email. I am not seeing the ability to do so when editing the listing. I have been able to successfully login and update location/address. I want to keep our Google+ page/profile associated.  I'm stumped and not finding the help needed in the forum/search. 

So, how do I change to a different primary gmail email?

Please let me know if this possible or if we need to create an entirely new Google+ page and circles. That would seem extreme, but at least I would know!

plus.google.com/+Resortkabetogama/

Thanks for your help!
Tracy 
Owner, Northern Lights Resort
10179 Bay Club Drive
Kabetogama, MN 56669
218-875-2591
3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: help changing the primary email on business listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tracy L

you can always transfer the page https://plus.google.com/+Resortkabetogama from your actual Google account (and dashboard) to any other Google Account. And the new Google Account of course could be based on any other GMail address:

The steps to get the page moved to an other account are described in here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, ok- helpful but I don't this this gets to my primary issue. The business listing primary email needs to be changed. The email on my "business listing" is bad - a SEO company helped claim my listing and created a new stupid email without my prior approval. I'm humbled to say it's over a year later and I've still not been able to change it to an appropriate business email.

If I understand correctly, I may have a second step of changing my +plus account to the new email afterwards. I just didn't know if it would automatically follow or permanently associated to an email.

Does that make sense? Thanks in advance!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Tracy,

Can you provide a screenshot of where you see the 'bad email' please? From your original question, Helmut's response is completely correct but sometimes it can be helpful to see the issue visually.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
adding to what Priya said:
Business listings shouldn't show any email address at all.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current business telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.