My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

google search list a wrong website, how could I fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ,

Our company name is Fortress Mobile, contact, 704-405-5000
website list on google location and company profile is: www.fortressmobile.com

The attachment is the screenshot: when I search "fortress mobile" in google, the first page is www.fsiinc.com, and I cannot find www.fortressmobile.com on the page.
Our company used to name Fortress International Systems, Inc. and website is www.fsiinc.com.

I don't know where to change this information, to let google list our new website in search, instead of old ones.

google search list a wrong website, how could I fix this?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning fortress. I would take a stab at this being a duplicate content issue so Google is only going to serve up one of them. A few things you could do and none of them are instant. You could set up 301s from the old site to the matching page on the new site. This would auto redirect any visitors to the site you want them on and it will also tell google that the site has moved to it's new location. I would also add some schema to the new site and utilize the sameAs markup to include your old web address. In time Google will learn and should start displaying the new site instead of the old.