My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

google my new business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am starting up a new business and are having someone creating the company website. I want to know what I need to do with google.com so that when the customers are typing in the key words of the service/product that I am providing with, my company website can be shown on the top of searching results. Please let me. Thanks a lot!

Rachel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google my new business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Once your business is open you should do several things:

1-Create a local business listing at Facebook
2- Seed your business listing with the primary data providers. In the US the easiest way to do that is to submit your listing to Moz local
3-Once your phone and mail deliver is functioning you should then verify your business in the Google My Business Center: go here https://business.google.com/add?service=plus&gmbsrc=us-en-z-z-z-gmb-s-z-l~mhp-rs3_ros_hom-u&ppsrc=GM... and start the process

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply!
Another question: Do I have to include a key word of my business into my web address so that my business can be searched? put it another way, let's say if my business is tile and glass printing, do I need to make sure my website name including the words such as "tile", and "glass printing", or as long as my product/service (business) description contains those words no matter what I use as my website name, we will be found on the google search? Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Your website should include the details of where you are located and details of what you do.

Title tags, H1 headlines, and body copy links should all make it clear to the user and google what you do.

You name, address and phone should be in the footer of every page.

And ten you should get links to your website from other local businesses and the chamber of commerce

As to your "web address" I am not sure what you are referring to