My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, can someone tell me how can someone, when they take a photo near my business, get a notification to upload that photo to google maps. Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ivan

If the individual has the Google Photos app installed with back up & sync turned on and Location History turned on then when they use Google Maps to add a review (under Contributions) they will be given the option to upload that photo to your business listing.

I do not know if this is available in iOS as yet - it is certainly available to Android users.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your time. But I do not think you need a app for that. When I
take a photo from my android phone I get a notification to add that photo
to Google maps to the business next to mine.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
hi Ivan

The notification you receive must come from an app - most likely Google Photos. The information I provided above came from this help article: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/2622947?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Additionally, Local Guides are given a few more prompts to add photos as part of their program.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog