My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

google local business listing is showing different listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I listed my hotel as 'Tiger House Corbett' but when I search in google for the same with keyword Tiger house corbett,  it shows 'Jim Corbett National Park' which is Park's listing not my hotels. Please suggest what to do. I am a verified owner of the place https://plus.google.com/b/110357891336516584801/110357891336516584801 

Waiting for suggestions....

3 Expert replyverified_user

google local business listing is showing different listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Team,

I listed my hotel as 'Tiger House Corbett' but when I search in google for the same with keyword Tiger house corbett,  it shows 'Jim Corbett National Park' which is Park's listing not my hotels. Please suggest what to do. I am a verified owner of the place https://plus.google.com/b/110357891336516584801/110357891336516584801 

Waiting for suggestions....

Re: google local business listing is showing different listing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Tiger H

actually your page plus.google.com/110357891336516584801 is not activated for what ever reason and can't found on GMaps.

Please take a look onto your dashboard and click then the button "MANAGE LOCATION"

You should see a red or yellow warning banner.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Tiger H

I also just found this POI with the same name, phone & website
plus.google.com/105045675398553698724

This page could caused the deactivation of you page 

plus.google.com/110357891336516584801

Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Your hotel and its website are not very "visible" to Google. It has little of what Google looks for in order to return you in the search results

Showing of a local listing at Google is a matter of trust, relevance and prominence. As seen from Google's point of view 

Trust is a function of having your business visible in places that Google is looking and in ways that they look.

For example your business is not listed nor shown very much across the internet. I found it mentioned only 6 times. See https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22tiger+house%22+91+9927233009&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF...  

I am not sure who provides business listings to Google in India but you want to be sure that you are listed with them.

Be sure that you business name is in easy to read text in big type on your home page and be that your name and address is marked up in a way that it can't be confused. For example on your contact us section your address is shown in close proximity to an office elsewhere. This could confuse Google. To make it more clear to Google use Schema.org to mark up both addresses.

Relevance of your listing can be increased by being sure that your business listing is properly categorized around the internet at the various Yellow page and data provider sites in India and across the world. I would also recommend that you get listed with the local chambers of commerce, travel sites, industry directories and other popular sites link Bing. 

Prominence is judged by  Google perception of the prominence of your website (as created by links) and the prominence of your business name online as created by mentions of your business (citations and links on your brand name) as well as other things of importance like number of reviews.

So getting other websites to link to your site (perhaps Chambers, vendors, related businesses) would be a big help. You have virtually none. Getting stories in the newspaper even without a link would be valuable as a "citation" and of course getting your happy customers to review you on line. 

And gettting reviews by your visitors at Google and other review sites would help alot too.

Bottom line is that the virtual representation of your business is almost non existant. Thus Google doesn't "trust" that you are important enough to show on the front page.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Tiger H

My two cents are bit different from what @Mike Blumenthal posted.

(Mike I wasn't sleeping that long - but my prepared post got somehow lost  - no clue why it disappeared or  wasn't published)

The Page "Tiger House Corbett" provided by @Tiger H doesn't look as an activated and verified page,

But there is under the same name, phone & website an unverified page:

Tiger House Corbett

Wondering why and what you -Tiger H- made creating your page instead of claiming the unverified page I linked here?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Helmut G is correct that the G+ page has been separated from the local data. This could be part of the Google local bug or it could be because the local listing was unverified.

Regardless the points I made are all valid and need to be attended to but AFTER you fix the verification issue which is a fundamental trust issue with Google.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
There are two threads going on this. Helmut answered in a previous thread.

I don't suppose we have a way to merge duplicate threads to get all the advice in one place do we?