My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

gmb in google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 weeks ago I could google my name (Heather Smith Lapoint) and my gmb would appear on the right side of the search.  last week it was not finding my gmb with that search - i had to use search (Heather Smith Lapoint toledo).  I do not want people to have to put toledo into the search to find me.  How do i fix this?  Thanks for your assistance!

Heather Smith LaPoint - Real Estate Agent with Danberry Realtors  
Address: 3242 Executive Pkwy #101, Toledo, OH 43606

http://buyingtoledo.com/

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: gmb in google search

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Heather,

It could have to do with the name of your business. Right now your name is Heather Smith LaPoint - Real Estate Agent with Danberry Realtors which doesn't match up exactly with just your name search. Try making edits to how your name appears in Google MyBusiness. Also, Google cares about how your website is marked up as well. You can use this developer how-to on how you can use JSON-LD format to markup your site where Google will show the structured data (GMB) information when someone searches you by name. 

How-To article on markups: https://developers.google.com/structured-data/site-name

Re: gmb in google search

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Heather S Yes I would agree with @Jordan Burleson

The current business name format is not compliant with Google's guidelines

Check out the section:

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a page for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The page for the practitioner should be titled with name of the practitioner only, excluding that of the organization.

Solo practitioners belonging to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the sole public-facing one at this location and represents a branded organization, the practitioner page should not be separate from the organization’s page. Instead, create a single page, titled using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

• Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky