My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

fireflies nightworks; 1900 7th st, n/a; googlemaps, firefliesnightworks.wix.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you repost a Google review to FaceBook?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: fireflies nightworks; 1900 7th st, n/a; googlemaps, firefliesnightworks.wix.com

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeanne W

No and yes - and let me clarify that.

Here's the no bit -
When you say repost - do you mean you as the business owner?
As an example - if someone leaves a 5 star review for you on Google, can you as the business owner copy the text and the star rating and post it to FB?

I would not recommend it.  Both platforms have guidelines about authenticity of reviews, and the review should be the reviewer's own experience. Copying someone else's review does not comply with those guidelines.

If the reviewer is happy to write their own review on both platforms, then you'd be OK. In that instance, if they post their review publicly on FB, it goes into the star rating calculation for FB.  

Another option is to take a screenshot of the review left on Google, and paste that into your newsfeed. That would be OK from a guidelines perspective.  

The only other consideration is the reviewer themselves.  It's possible a reviewer might not want their profile or name mentioned on another platform.  If you can, it'd be good to get their permission beforehand.  

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

fireflies nightworks; 1900 7th st, n/a; googlemaps, firefliesnightworks.wix.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for the advice.